PRAISE FOR UNDERGROUND RAILROAD GAME **NYT Pick for Best Theater of 2016**:
"in-all-ways sensational ... EXCEPTIONALLY RESOURCEFUL DESIGN TEAM ... searing theatrical visuals."
- Ben Brantley, The New York Times (full review)
"riveting, whip-smart performance piece."
- Peter Marks, The Washington Post (full review)
"THE CLEVER LIGHTING (DESIGNED BY OONA CURLEY) SHIFTS MOOD, LOCALE AND ERA IN JOKEY AS WELL AS IMPORTANT WAYS."
- Toby Zinman, Philadelphia Inquirer (full review)
Praise for an intimate evening with typhoid mary:
"This arrestingly designed fever dream of a play starts strong and ends gloriously ... Oona Curley’s excellent lighting, shifting from shadowy to glamorous to blindingly clinical — delineates the defiant unreality of Marty’s mind from the reality of the hospital room."
- Laura Collins Hughes, The New York Times (full review)
"The precision with which the lighting vocabulary was executed was tantalizing. Curley defined realities through the sickening colors of Martin’s fever cabaret."
- Michael Block, Theater in the Now (full review)
PRAISE FOR SWEAT & TEARS:
"...WONDERFULLY LIT BY OONA CURLEY .... BOLD PRODUCTION DESIGN."
- Ryan Hudak, New York Theater Review (full review)
praise for 4.48 psychosis:
"Oona Curley has done a wonderful job with her space—inside a large, empty room that resembles an unfinished construction site, she has built a tiny room enclosed by drapes, so that we are nearly nose-to-nose with actors whose voices boom and echo throughout an unseen darkness."
- Aaron Botwick, Scribicide (full review)